Monday, January 5, 2015

Wrong for Jesus

What in the Coon Hell is this shit?




I realize this whole entire situation should really call for compassion. The vast majority of the people in this room are victims. But I'm choosing lots of judgy judgement instead.  So let's get started. 

I was raised a Roman Catholic in the Bronx, NY. Baptized at 10, Communion at 11, Confirmation at 12. Even though I am no longer of faith, I am still totally a religion snob. But New York Elitism aside, this is some coon fuckery.

What does throwing money on the floor for young people to scramble over have to do with God exactly? What part of the word is that?  At least priests give you a gold goblet of wine and let you flounce some incense around before degrading you. There is a robe involved; you know, a formality. That can feel like some magical shit, I imagine. There is nothing magical about being on your knees while a dude in a suit and his people throw money on the floor for you. I don't have to imagine that, I know so for a fact.

I feel like this church just taught kids how to loot. Hear a noise, grab some shit, dip out the back.

Anyone else see dude in the black t-shirt at 1:18 pick up a large bill, hold it to the camera and have it folded in his hand before going off frame at 1:23. C'mon son!

Did they say there is another group of people waiting to get into Coon Hell? There is a line?!!? Who is their promoter?

It think Cornball Excited-Voice in the v-neck was the promoter. He was the only one who looked into the camera while not touching money. He was clearly paid to be there. I wonder how much he got paid. That's a lie. I wonder if he got his payment in his hand or if he had to crawl around the floor in the dark.

Black folk have got to do better than this. Actually, that is a lie. Black folk don't have to do better. They just have to not do this, ever ever ever ever again in life. If this persists, there can never BE a better.

Having people crawl on the floor for money in the name of God is deplorable.



No comments :

Post a Comment